Arkansas voter registration guide
Arkansas voter registration deadlines
- Register to vote (online): N/A
- Register to vote (by mail): Postmarked by 30 days before Election Day
- Register to vote (in person): 30 days before Election Day
Check your Arkansas voter registration status
- If you can't remember if you're registered to vote, or you want to make sure your information is correct, you can check your Arkansas registration using the Arkansas voter registration lookup site.
- If you're not registered to vote, or you need to update your voter registration information, follow the instructions below.
Arkansas voter registration rules
To register in Arkansas you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be an Arkansas resident
- be 18 years old by Election Day
- not claim the right to vote in any other jurisdiction
- not be deemed mentally incompetent by a court
- If you have been convicted of a felony, you must have completed your entire sentence (including probation and parole) and paid any fines, fees, or restitution to register to vote. If you are re-registering to vote for the first time after your felony, you must provide proof of completion of your sentence along with a voter registration form.
How to register to vote online in Arkansas
Arkansas does not have online voter registration.
How to register to vote by-mail in Arkansas
- Download and fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Box 6 - ID Number: Provide your Arkansas driver’s license number or non-operating identification number. If you do not have either of these numbers, provide the last 4 digits of your social security number. If you do not have any of these numbers, write “NONE” in this space.
- Box 7 - Choice of Party: You do not need to register with a political party in order to take part in that party's primary election, caucus, or convention.
- Box 8 - Race or Ethnic Group: Leave blank.
- Print, date, and sign the form. If you do not have a printer, you can print the form out at any local library. If you do not have a stamp, you can buy one from any grocery store: just ask the cashier to sell you one.
- Mail your voter registration form to the mailing address below. For faster delivery, send the form directly to your local election office.
- Your voter registration form must be postmarked by 30 days before Election Day.
How to register to vote in-person in Arkansas
- Contact your local election office to find where to register to vote in person.
- Bring your Arkansas driver's license or state ID card with you. If you don't have one, bring ONE photo ID that shows your name, and ONE document that shows your name and Arkansas address. Acceptable documents include a utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, residential lease, or any government document that shows your name and address.
Same day voter registration in Arkansas
Registering to vote in Arkansas with a felony conviction
Voting rights are restored following fulfillment of prison, parole, probation, and the payment of all fees, including court-ordered restitution. This will not happen automatically. You must provide proof to the county clerk that you (1) have been discharged from probation or parole, (2) paid all probation or parole fees, (3) satisfied all terms of imprisonment, and (4) paid all applicable court costs, fines, or restitution.
- You cannot vote while incarcerated.
- You cannot vote while on parole.
- You cannot vote while on probation.
- You can vote upon completion of your sentence.
- Financial obligations:
- parole fees
- probation fees
- court fees
- restitution fees
- Please visit Restore Your Vote for additional information.
Local election office
Contact your local election office if you have questions.
Statewide election office
This is the statewide agency that is ultimately responsible for Arkansas elections. You can contact them with questions, but your local election office will probably respond faster.
Secretary of State Voter Services P.O. Box 8111 Little Rock, AR 72203‐8111