Wyoming absentee and mail ballot guide
Wyoming absentee ballot overview
Absentee ballots and mail ballots are the same thing, and the process for getting one is straight forward.
- Request your ballot by the deadline
- Receive your ballot in the mail
- Return your ballot by the deadline
Wyoming absentee deadlines
- Earliest day to apply: January 1
- Request deadline (online): N/A
- Request deadline (by mail): Received 1 day before Election Day
- Request deadline (in person): 1 day before Election Day
- Deadline to return your ballot (by mail): Received by Election Day
- Deadline to return your ballot (in person): Received by Election Day
Wyoming absentee ballot rules
Any registered Wyoming voter can request an absentee ballot and vote by mail.
Wyoming online ballot request
Wyoming does not allow you to request your ballot online.
Wyoming by-mail ballot request
- Download the Wyoming absentee ballot application.
- Fill out all of the required fields.
- Print the application.
- Sign and date your application. This is very important.
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed application directly to your local election office as soon as possible, but no later than the deadline.
- If it’s close to the deadline, call your local election office and see if they will let you submit your application via email or fax.
- Your application must be received 1 day before Election Day .
Wyoming in-person ballot request
- Visit your local election office.
- Ask the clerk to give you an absentee ballot application.
- Fill out all of the required fields.
- Sign and date your application.
- The deadline to apply in person is 1 day before Election Day .
After you receive your ballot
- Carefully read and follow the instructions, and fill out all required fields.
- Sign and date the outside envelope.
- Mail or hand-deliver your ballot to your local election office. You can also hand-deliver your ballot to a state-provided drop box. Please check with your local election office if your county has a drop box. You can use our Find Out Where To Vote tool to find an official drop box.
- If you mail your ballot, it must be received by Election Day .
- If you hand-deliver your ballot, it must be received by Election Day .
- If you miss the deadline – or forget to sign the outside envelope – your vote will not be counted.
Wyoming absentee ballot ID requirements
- ID required when requesting a mail-in ballot:
The signature on your absentee ballot application will be compared to the signature on your voter registration card to ensure they match.
- ID required when returning a mail-in ballot:
Your signature on the return envelope will be compared to the signature on your voter registration card to ensure they match. If you forget to sign the return envelope, your ballot might be rejected.
Wyoming absentee ballot tracker
Wyoming does not have a statewide ballot tracker. Contact your local election office.
Wyoming absentee ballot curing
Ballot curing is the process of resolving any problems with your absentee or mail ballot to ensure that your vote is counted. After tracking your ballot, contact your local election office to fix any issues that have been noted.
- Your ballot will be rejected if you forget to sign it or if the signature does not match the one that the state has on file for you.
Wyoming emergency ballots
Some states have special procedures that allow you to obtain an emergency ballot if a medical or other emergency occurs after the standard absentee ballot application window.Emergency Ballot Rules
Wyoming law does not mention emergency ballots, however:
- a ballot may be obtained on behalf of a voter by an individual the voter designates.
- a ballot may be applied for any time within the calendar year at least one day before Election Day.
Wyoming does not offer emergency ballots.
Contact your local election office
Local election office
Contact your local election office if you have questions.
Statewide election office
This is the statewide agency that is ultimately responsible for Wyoming elections. You can contact them with questions, but your local election office will probably respond faster.
Wyoming Secretary of State Herschler Building East 122 W 25th St Suites 100 and 101 Cheyenne, WY 82002-0020