Wyoming voter registration guide
Wyoming voter registration deadlines
- Register to vote (online): N/A
- Register to vote (by mail): Received 14 days before Election Day
- Register to vote (in person): Election Day
Check your Wyoming voter registration status
- If you can't remember if you're registered to vote, or you want to make sure your information is correct, you can check your Wyoming registration using the Wyoming voter registration lookup site.
- If you're not registered to vote, or you need to update your voter registration information, follow the instructions below.
Wyoming voter registration rules
To register in Wyoming you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be 18 years old by the General Election
- be a resident of the State of Wyoming
- not be currently adjudicated mentally incompetent
- Note that you must re-register to vote if you did not vote in the last General Election.
Wyoming online voter registration
Wyoming does not have online voter registration.
Wyoming by-mail voter registration
- Wyoming prefers that people register to vote in person at their Local Election Office.
- If this isn't possible, you'll need to fill out the Wyoming Voter Registration form in front of a notary. The notary will ask to see a photo ID, so make sure you bring your ID with you.
- Mail your notarized form, and a photocopy of your ID, to your Local Election Office.
Wyoming in-person voter registration
- Contact your local election office to find where to register to vote in person.
- Bring your Wyoming driver's license or state ID card with you. If you don't have one, bring ONE photo ID that shows your name, and ONE document that shows your name and Wyoming address. Acceptable documents include a utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, residential lease, or any government document that shows your name and address.
Wyoming same day registration
- Summary: Wyoming has same day registration. You can register and vote during the early voting period and on Election Day.
- Where to go:
Go to your designated voting location. Click here to find where to vote.
- What to bring:
Bring your Wyoming driver's license or state ID card with you. If you don't have one, bring one photo ID issued by any state or the Federal Government, and bring one document that shows your name and current address. Acceptable documents include a recent utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, residential lease, or any government document that shows your name and address.
- Need help? Contact your local election office if you have questions.
Registering to vote in Wyoming with a felony conviction
If you have been convicted of a felony and would like to register to vote, please visit Restore Your Vote. They will help you determine your eligibility and guide you through the process.
Local election office
Contact your local election office if you have questions.
Statewide election office
This is the statewide agency that is ultimately responsible for Wyoming elections. You can contact them with questions, but your local election office will probably respond faster.
Wyoming Secretary of State Herschler Building East 122 W 25th St Suites 100 and 101 Cheyenne, WY 82002-0020