Utah voter registration guide
Utah voter registration deadlines
- Register to vote (online): 11 days before Election Day
- Register to vote (by mail): Received 11 days before Election Day
- Register to vote (in person): Election Day
Check your Utah voter registration status
- If you can't remember if you're registered to vote, or you want to make sure your information is correct, you can check your Utah registration using the Utah voter registration lookup tool.
- If you're not registered to vote, or you need to update your voter registration information, follow the instructions below.
Utah voter registration rules
To register in Utah you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- have resided in Utah for 30 days immediately before Election Day
- be 18 years by Election Day (you may pre-register if you are 16)
- not be currently incarcerated for a felony conviction
- not be found to be mentally incompetent by a court of law
Utah online voter registration
- You can register to vote online if you have a Utah driver's license, driver's permit, or state-issued photo ID card.
- Visit the Utah online voter registration tool.
- Fill out all the required fields.
- You will be registered to vote as soon as you finish the workflow.
- You should receive your voter registration card in the mail within 2-3 weeks. If not, you might want to follow up with your local election office.
- The deadline to register to vote online is 11 days before Election Day.
Utah by-mail voter registration
- Download and fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Box 6 - ID Number: Enter your UT driver’s license number or nonoperating ID number. If you don't have one, enter the last 4 digits of your social security number. If you do not have any of these numbers, please write “NONE” in this space.
- Box 7 - Choice of Party: You do not need to choose a party to register to vote, but you might not be allowed to vote in a party's primary if you are not registered with that party.
- Box 8 - Race or Ethnic Group: Leave blank.
- Print, date, and sign the form. If you do not have a printer, you can print the form out at any local library. If you do not have a stamp, you can buy one from any grocery store: just ask the cashier to sell you one.
- Mail your voter registration form to the mailing address below. For faster delivery, send the form directly to your local election office.
- Your voter registration form must be received 11 days before Election Day
Utah in-person voter registration
- Contact your local election office to find where to register to vote in person.
- Bring your Utah driver's license or state ID card with you. If you don't have one, bring one photo ID issued by any state or the Federal Government, and bring one document that shows your name and current address. Acceptable documents include a recent utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, residential lease, or any government document that shows your name and address.
Utah same day registration
- Summary: Utah has same day registration. You can register and vote during the early voting period and on Election Day.
- Where to go:
Go to your designated voting location. Click here to find out where to vote.
- What to bring:
Bring your Utah driver's license or state ID card with you. If you don't have one, bring one photo ID issued by any state or the Federal Government, and bring one document that shows your name and current address. Acceptable documents include a recent utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, residential lease, or any government document that shows your name and address.
- Need help? Contact your local election office if you have questions.
Registering to vote in Utah with a felony conviction
If you have been convicted of a felony and would like to register to vote, please visit Restore Your Vote. They will help you determine your eligibility and guide you through the process.
Local election office
Contact your local election office if you have questions.
Statewide election office
This is the statewide agency that is ultimately responsible for Utah elections. You can contact them with questions, but your local election office will probably respond faster.
Office of the Lieutenant Governor P.O. Box 142325 Salt Lake City, UT 84114
- Utah online voter registration
- Utah online absentee ballot request
- Utah voter status lookup
- Utah absentee ballot tracker
- Utah provisional ballot tracker
- Utah polling place locator