Oregon voter registration guide
Oregon voter registration deadlines
- Register to vote (online): 21 days before Election Day
- Register to vote (by mail): Postmarked 21 days before Election Day
- Register to vote (in person): 21 days before Election Day
Check your Oregon voter registration status
- If you can't remember if you're registered to vote, or you want to make sure your information is correct, you can check your Oregon registration using the Oregon voter registration lookup tool.
- If you're not registered to vote, or you need to update your voter registration information, follow the instructions below.
Oregon voter registration rules
To register in Oregon you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a resident of Oregon
- be 16 years old to register and 18 years old by Election Day
- not be incarcerated for a felony conviction.
Oregon online voter registration
- You can register to vote online if you have a Oregon driver license, driver permit, or nondriver photo ID card.
- Visit the Oregon online voter registration tool.
- Fill out all the required fields.
- You will be registered to vote as soon as you finish the workflow.
- You should receive your voter registration card in the mail within 2-3 weeks. If not, you might want to follow up with your local election office.
- The deadline to register to vote online is 21 days before Election Day.
Oregon by-mail voter registration
- Download and fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Box 6 - ID Number: Please provide your Oregon driver’s license number. If you do not have one, please provide the last four digits of your social security number. If you do not have either of these numbers, write NONE on the form.
- Box 7 - Choice of Party: You must register with a party if you want to take part in that party’s primary election.
- Box 8 - Race or Ethnic Group: Leave blank.
- Print, date, and sign the form. If you do not have a printer, you can print the form out at any local library. If you do not have a stamp, you can buy one from any grocery store: just ask the cashier to sell you one.
- Mail your voter registration form to the mailing address below. For faster delivery, send the form directly to your local election office.
- Your voter registration form must be postmarked 21 days before Election Day
Oregon in-person voter registration
- Contact your local election office to find where to register to vote in person.
Oregon same day registration
Oregon does not have same day registration.
Registering to vote in Oregon with a felony conviction
If you have been convicted of a felony and would like to register to vote, please visit Restore Your Vote. They will help you determine your eligibility and guide you through the process.
Local election office
Contact your local election office if you have questions.
Statewide election office
This is the statewide agency that is ultimately responsible for Oregon elections. You can contact them with questions, but your local election office will probably respond faster.
Secretary of State Elections Division 141 State Capitol Salem, OR 97310‐0722
- Oregon online voter registration
- Oregon voter status lookup
- Oregon absentee ballot tracker
- Oregon polling place locator