New Hampshire voter registration guide
New Hampshire voter registration deadlines
- Register to vote (online): N/A
- Register to vote (by mail): Received 14 days before Election Day (may vary, please confirm with your local election office)
- Register to vote (in person): Election Day
Check your New Hampshire voter registration status
- If you can't remember if you're registered to vote, or you want to make sure your information is correct, you can check your New Hampshire registration using the New Hampshire voter registration lookup tool.
- If you're not registered to vote, or you need to update your voter registration information, follow the instructions below.
New Hampshire voter registration rules
To register in New Hampshire you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be 18 years old by Election Day
- be a resident of New Hampshire and be a resident of the town or city within New Hampshire that you are registering to vote
- not be incarcerated for a felony.
New Hampshire online voter registration
New Hampshire does not have online voter registration.
New Hampshire by-mail voter registration
- New Hampshire strongly prefers that you register to vote in person.
- If you cannot register to vote in person, call your local election official and ask them to mail you a New Hampshire Voter Registration Form. This form is not available online.
- Once you get the New Hampshire voter registration form, fill it out completely and send it back to the address on the form.
- If you have any questions, please contact your local election official.
New Hampshire in-person voter registration
- Contact your local election office to find where to register to vote in person.
- Bring your New Hampshire driver's license or state ID card. If you don't have one, bring an acceptable document with your name and address OR sign an affidavit. Acceptable documents include a student ID or passport.
New Hampshire same day registration
- Summary: New Hampshire has same day registration. You can register and vote on Election Day.
- Where to go:
Go to your designated voting location. Click here to find out where to vote.
- What to bring:
Bring your New Hampshire driver's license or state ID card. If you don't have one, bring an acceptable document with your name and address OR sign an affidavit. Acceptable documents include a student ID or passport.
- Need help? Contact your local election office if you have questions.
Registering to vote in New Hampshire with a felony conviction
If you have been convicted of a felony and would like to register to vote, please visit Restore Your Vote. They will help you determine your eligibility and guide you through the process.
Local election office
Contact your local election office if you have questions.
Statewide election office
This is the statewide agency that is ultimately responsible for New Hampshire elections. You can contact them with questions, but your local election office will probably respond faster.
New Hampshire Secretary of State’s Office Elections Division State House, Room 204 107 North Main Street Concord, NH 03301
- New Hampshire voter status lookup
- New Hampshire absentee ballot tracker
- New Hampshire polling place locator