Missouri voter registration guide
Missouri voter registration deadlines
- Register to vote (online): 27 days before Election Day
- Register to vote (by mail): Postmarked 27 days before Election Day
- Register to vote (in person): 27 days before Election Day
Check your Missouri voter registration status
- If you can't remember if you're registered to vote, or you want to make sure your information is correct, you can check your Missouri registration using the Missouri voter registration lookup tool.
- If you're not registered to vote, or you need to update your voter registration information, follow the instructions below.
Missouri voter registration rules
To vote in Missouri you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a resident of Missouri
- be 17.5 years old (you must be 18 by Election Day to vote)
- not be on probation or parole after conviction of a felony, until finally discharged from such probation or parole
- not be convicted of a felony or misdemeanor connected with the right of suffrage
- not be adjudged incapacitated by any court of law
- not be confined under a sentence of imprisonment.
Missouri online voter registration
- Visit the Missouri online voter registration tool.
- Fill out all the required fields.
- You will be registered to vote as soon as you finish the workflow.
- You should receive your voter registration card in the mail within 2-3 weeks. If not, you might want to follow up with your local election office.
- The deadline to register to vote online is 27 days before Election Day.
Missouri by-mail voter registration
- Download and fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Box 6 - ID Number: Enter your Missouri driver’s license number OR the last four digits of your social security number. If you don't have either number, write "NONE" here.
- Box 7 - Choice of Party: You do not need to register with a party to take part in that party’s primary election, caucus, or convention.
- Box 8 - Race or Ethnic Group: Leave blank.
- Print, date, and sign the form. If you do not have a printer, you can print the form out at any local library. If you do not have a stamp, you can buy one from any grocery store: just ask the cashier to sell you one.
- Mail your voter registration form to the mailing address below. For faster delivery, send the form directly to your local election office.
- Your voter registration form must be postmarked 27 days before Election Day
Missouri in-person voter registration
- Contact your local election office to find where to register to vote in person.
Missouri same day registration
Missouri does not have same day registration.
Registering to vote in Missouri with a felony conviction
If you have been convicted of a felony and would like to register to vote, please visit Restore Your Vote. They will help you determine your eligibility and guide you through the process.
Local election office
Contact your local election office if you have questions.
Statewide election office
This is the statewide agency that is ultimately responsible for Missouri elections. You can contact them with questions, but your local election office will probably respond faster.
Secretary of State P.O. Box 1767 Jefferson City, MO 65102‐1767