Kansas voter registration guide
Kansas voter registration deadlines
- Register to vote (online): 21 days before Election Day
- Register to vote (by mail): Postmarked 21 days before Election Day
- Register to vote (in person): 21 days before Election Day
Check your Kansas voter registration status
- If you can't remember if you're registered to vote, or you want to make sure your information is correct, you can check your Kansas registration using the Kansas voter registration lookup tool.
- If you're not registered to vote, or you need to update your voter registration information, follow the instructions below.
Kansas voter registration rules
To register in Kansas you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a resident of Kansas
- be 18 years old by Election Day
- have completed the terms of your sentence if convicted of a felony- a person serving a sentence for a felony conviction is ineligible to vote
- not claim the right to vote in any other location or under any other name
- not be excluded from voting for mental incompetence by a court of competent jurisdiction.
Kansas online voter registration
- You can register to vote online if you have a Kansas driver's license, driver's permit, or state-issued ID card.
- Visit the Kansas online voter registration tool.
- Fill out all the required fields.
- You will be registered to vote as soon as you finish the workflow.
- You should receive your voter registration card in the mail within 2-3 weeks. If not, you might want to follow up with your local election office.
- The deadline to register to vote online is 21 days before Election Day.
Kansas by-mail voter registration
- Download and fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Box 6 - ID Number: Enter your Kansas driver’s license number or nondriver’s identification card number. If you don't have either of these numbers, enter the last 4 digits of your social security number. If you don't have any of these numbers, write “NONE” in this space.
- Box 7 - Choice of Party: You must register with a party if you want to take part in that party’s primary election, caucus, or convention.
- Box 8 - Race or Ethnic Group: Leave blank.
- Print, date, and sign the form. If you do not have a printer, you can print the form out at any local library. If you do not have a stamp, you can buy one from any grocery store: just ask the cashier to sell you one.
- Mail your voter registration form to the mailing address below. For faster delivery, send the form directly to your local election office.
- Your voter registration form must be postmarked 21 days before Election Day
Kansas in-person voter registration
- Contact your local election office to find where to register to vote in person.
Kansas same day registration
Kansas does not have same day registration.
Registering to vote in Kansas with a felony conviction
If you have been convicted of a felony and would like to register to vote, please visit Restore Your Vote. They will help you determine your eligibility and guide you through the process.
Local election office
Contact your local election office if you have questions.
Statewide election office
This is the statewide agency that is ultimately responsible for Kansas elections. You can contact them with questions, but your local election office will probably respond faster.
Secretary of State 1st Floor, Memorial Hall 120 SW 10th Ave. Topeka, KS 66612‐1594
- Kansas online voter registration
- Kansas voter status lookup
- Kansas absentee ballot tracker
- Kansas polling place locator