Georgia voter registration guide
Georgia voter registration deadlines
- Register to vote (online): 29 days before Election Day
- Register to vote (by mail): Postmarked 29 days before Election Day
- Register to vote (in person): 29 days before Election Day
Check your Georgia voter registration status
- If you can't remember if you're registered to vote, or you want to make sure your information is correct, you can check your Georgia registration using the Georgia voter registration lookup tool.
- If you're not registered to vote, or you need to update your voter registration information, follow the instructions below.
Georgia voter registration rules
To register in Georgia you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a legal resident of Georgia and of the county in which you want to vote
- be 17 1/2 years old to register and 18 years old on Election Day
- not have been judicially determined to be mentally incompetent, unless the disability status has been removed.
Georgia online voter registration
- You can register to vote online if you have a Georgia driver license, driver permit, or nondriver ID card.
- Visit the Georgia online voter registration tool.
- Fill out all the required fields.
- You will be registered to vote as soon as you finish the workflow.
- You should receive your voter registration card in the mail within 2-3 weeks. If not, you might want to follow up with your local election office.
- The deadline to register to vote online is 29 days before Election Day.
Georgia by-mail voter registration
- Download and fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Box 6 - ID Number: You must provide your full GA Driver's License number or GA State issued ID number. If you do not have a GA Driver's License or GA ID you must provide the last 4 digits of your Social Security number.
- Box 7 - Choice of Party: You do not need to register with a party to take part in that party’s primary, caucus or convention.
- Box 8 - Race or Ethnic Group: This information is requested but not required.
- Print, date, and sign the form. If you do not have a printer, you can print the form out at any local library. If you do not have a stamp, you can buy one from any grocery store: just ask the cashier to sell you one.
- Mail your voter registration form to the mailing address below. For faster delivery, send the form directly to your local election office.
- Your voter registration form must be postmarked 29 days before Election Day
Georgia in-person voter registration
- Contact your local election office to find where to register to vote in person.
Georgia same day registration
Georgia does not have same day registration.
Registering to vote in Georgia with a felony conviction
If you have been convicted of a felony and would like to register to vote, please visit Restore Your Vote. They will help you determine your eligibility and guide you through the process.
Local election office
Contact your local election office if you have questions.
Statewide election office
This is the statewide agency that is ultimately responsible for Georgia elections. You can contact them with questions, but your local election office will probably respond faster.
Elections Division Office of the Secretary of State 2 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive Suite 802 Floyd West Tower Atlanta, GA 30334
- Georgia online voter registration
- Georgia online absentee ballot request
- Georgia voter status lookup
- Georgia absentee ballot tracker
- Georgia provisional ballot tracker
- Georgia polling place locator