Florida voter registration guide
Florida voter registration deadlines
- Register to vote (online): 29 days before Election Day
- Register to vote (by mail): Received 29 days before Election Day
- Register to vote (in person): 29 days before Election Day
Check your Florida voter registration status
- If you can't remember if you're registered to vote, or you want to make sure your information is correct, you can check your Florida registration using the Florida voter registration lookup site.
- If you're not registered to vote, or you need to update your voter registration information, follow the instructions below.
Florida voter registration rules
To register in Florida you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a legal resident of both the State of Florida and of the county in which you seek to be registered
- be 18 years old by Election Day (you may pre-register if you are 16)
- not be adjudicated mentally incapacitated with respect to voting in Florida or any other State, or if you have, you must first have your voting rights restored
- not have been convicted of a sexual crime or murder (If you have been convicted of any other felony, you must have completed your sentence, including probation and parole, and paid any fines, fees, or restitution)
- swear or affirm the following: I will protect and defend the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of Florida, that I am qualified to register as an elector under the Constitution and laws of the State of Florida, and that all information in this application is true.
Florida online voter registration
- You can register to vote online if you have a Florida driver license, driver permit, or nondriver ID card.
- Visit the Florida online voter registration site.
- Fill out all the required fields.
- You will be registered to vote as soon as you finish the workflow.
- You should receive your voter registration card in the mail within 2-3 weeks. If not, you might want to follow up with your local election office.
- The deadline to register to vote online is 29 days before Election Day .
Florida by-mail voter registration
- Download and fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Box 6 - ID Number: Provide your Florida driver’s license number or Florida identification card number. If you do not either of these numbers, provide the last 4 digits of your social security number. If you have not have any of these numbers, write the word “NONE” on the form.
- Box 7 - Choice of Party: You must register with a party if you want to take part in that party’s primary election, caucus, or convention.
- Box 8 - Race or Ethnic Group: This information is requested but not required.
- Print, date, and sign the form. If you do not have a printer, you can print the form out at any local library. If you do not have a stamp, you can buy one from any grocery store: just ask the cashier to sell you one.
- Mail your voter registration form to the mailing address below. For faster delivery, send the form directly to your local election office.
- Your voter registration form must be received 29 days before Election Day .
Florida in-person voter registration
- Contact your local election office to find where to register to vote in person.
- Bring your Florida driver's license or state ID card with you. If you don't have one, bring ONE photo ID that shows your name, and ONE document that shows your name and Florida address. Acceptable documents include a utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, residential lease, or any government document that shows your name and address.
Florida same day registration
Registering to vote in Florida with a felony conviction
If you have been convicted of a felony and would like to register to vote, please visit Restore Your Vote. They will help you determine your eligibility and guide you through the process.
Local election office
Contact your local election office if you have questions.
Statewide election office
This is the statewide agency that is ultimately responsible for Florida elections. You can contact them with questions, but your local election office will probably respond faster.
State of Florida Department of State Division of Elections The R.A. Gray Building 500 South Bronough St, Rm 316 Tallahassee, FL 32399‐0250
- Florida online voter registration
- Florida voter status lookup
- Florida absentee ballot tracker
- Florida polling place locator