Delaware voter registration guide
Delaware voter registration deadlines
- Register to vote (online): 24 days before Election Day
- Register to vote (by mail): Postmarked 24 days before Election Day
- Register to vote (in person): Election Day
Check your Delaware voter registration status
- If you can't remember if you're registered to vote, or you want to make sure your information is correct, you can check your Delaware registration using the Delaware voter registration lookup tool.
- If you're not registered to vote, or you need to update your voter registration information, follow the instructions below.
Delaware voter registration rules
To register in Delaware you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a permanent resident of Delaware
- be 18 years old by the next General Election
- not be mentally incompetent
- if you have been convicted of a felony, you are eligible to vote as long as you have served your sentence (including parole) and your convictions were not for disqualifying felonies, including: murder and manslaughter (except vehicular homicide), sexual offenses, or crimes against public administration involving bribery or improper influence or abuse of office.
Delaware online voter registration
- You can register to vote online if you have a Delaware driver license, driver permit, or nondriver ID card.
- Visit the Delaware online voter registration tool.
- Fill out all the required fields.
- You will be registered to vote as soon as you finish the workflow.
- You should receive your voter registration card in the mail within 2-3 weeks. If not, you might want to follow up with your local election office.
- The deadline to register to vote online is 24 days before Election Day.
Delaware by-mail voter registration
- Download and fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Box 6 - ID Number: Provide your Delaware driver’s license number or nonoperating identification number. If you do not either of these numbers, provide the last 4 digits of your social security number. If you do not have any of these numbers, please write “NONE” on this space.
- Box 7 - Choice of Party: You must register with a party if you want to take part in that party’s primary election, caucus, or convention.
- Box 8 - Race or Ethnic Group: Leave blank.
- Print, date, and sign the form. If you do not have a printer, you can print the form out at any local library. If you do not have a stamp, you can buy one from any grocery store: just ask the cashier to sell you one.
- Mail your voter registration form to the mailing address below. For faster delivery, send the form directly to your local election office.
- Your voter registration form must be postmarked 24 days before Election Day
Delaware in-person voter registration
- Contact your local election office to find where to register to vote in person.
Delaware same day registration
Delaware does not have same day registration.
Registering to vote in Delaware with a felony conviction
If you have been convicted of a felony and would like to register to vote, please visit Restore Your Vote. They will help you determine your eligibility and guide you through the process.
Local election office
Contact your local election office if you have questions.
Statewide election office
This is the statewide agency that is ultimately responsible for Delaware elections. You can contact them with questions, but your local election office will probably respond faster.
State of Delaware Office of the State Election Commissioner 905 S. Governors Ave., Suite 170 Dover, DE 19904
- Delaware online voter registration
- Delaware online absentee ballot request
- Delaware voter status lookup
- Delaware absentee ballot tracker
- Delaware provisional ballot tracker
- Delaware polling place locator