Arizona voter registration guide
Arizona voter registration deadlines
- Register to vote (online): 29 days before Election Day
- Register to vote (by mail): Postmarked 29 days before Election Day
- Register to vote (in person): 29 days before Election Day
Check your Arizona voter registration status
- If you can't remember if you're registered to vote, or you want to make sure your information is correct, you can check your Arizona registration using the Arizona voter registration lookup tool.
- If you're not registered to vote, or you need to update your voter registration information, follow the instructions below.
Arizona voter registration rules
To register in Arizona you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a resident of Arizona and your county at least 29 days preceding the next election
- be 18 years old by the General Election
- be able to write your name or mark, unless prevented from doing so by physical disability
- not currently be declared an incapacitated person by a court of law.
Arizona online voter registration
- You can register to vote online if you have an Arizona driver's license, driver's permit, or an Arizona state ID card.
- Visit the Arizona online voter registration tool.
- Fill out all the required fields.
- You will be registered to vote as soon as you finish the workflow.
- You should receive your voter registration card in the mail within 2-3 weeks. If not, you might want to follow up with your local election office.
- The deadline to register to vote online is 29 days before Election Day.
Arizona by-mail voter registration
- Download and fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Box 6 - ID Number: Provide your Arizona driver license or state ID card number. If you don't have one, provide the last 4 digits of your social security number. If you are unable to provide any of these numbers, please write “NONE” in this space.
- Box 7 - Choice of Party: If you are registered in a political party which has qualified for ballot recognition, you will be permitted to vote the primary election ballot for that party. If you are registered as an independent, no party preference or as a member of a party which is not qualified for ballot recognition, you may select and vote one primary election ballot for one of the recognized political parties.
- Box 8 - Race or Ethnic Group: Leave blank.
- Print, date, and sign the form. If you do not have a printer, you can print the form out at any local library. If you do not have a stamp, you can buy one from any grocery store: just ask the cashier to sell you one.
- Mail your voter registration form to the mailing address below. For faster delivery, send the form directly to your local election office.
- Your voter registration form must be postmarked 29 days before Election Day
Arizona in-person voter registration
- Contact your local election office to find where to register to vote in person.
- Bring your Arizona driver's license or state ID card with you. If you don't have one, bring one photo ID issued by any state or federal government, and bring one document that shows your name and current address. Acceptable documents include a recent utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, residential lease, or any government document that shows your name and address.
Arizona same day registration
Arizona does not have same day registration.
Registering to vote in Arizona with a felony conviction
If you have been convicted of a felony and would like to register to vote, please visit Restore Your Vote. They will help you determine your eligibility and guide you through the process.
Local election office
Contact your local election office if you have questions.
Statewide election office
This is the statewide agency that is ultimately responsible for Arizona elections. You can contact them with questions, but your local election office will probably respond faster.
Secretary of State Elections Division 1700 W. Washington, 7th Floor Phoenix, AZ 85007‐2888
- Arizona online voter registration
- Arizona online absentee ballot request
- Arizona voter status lookup
- Arizona absentee ballot tracker
- Arizona provisional ballot tracker
- Arizona polling place locator