Wyoming voter registration guide
Last updated: August 7, 2020
Check your Wyoming voter registration status
If you can't remember if you're registered to vote, or you want to make sure your information is correct, you can check your Wyoming registration using the Wyoming voter registration lookup tool.
If you're not registered to vote, or you need to update your voter registration information, follow the instructions below.
Wyoming voter registration deadlines
- Online deadline: N/A
- By-mail deadline: Received 14 days before Election Day
- In-person deadline: Election Day
Wyoming voter registration rules
To register in Wyoming you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be 18 years old by the General Election Day
- be a resident of the State of Wyoming
- not be currently adjudicated mentally incompetent
- not have been convicted of a felony, or if convicted have had your voting rights restored
- Note that you must re-register to vote if you did not vote in the last general election.
Wyoming voter registration directions
- Wyoming prefers that people register to vote in person at the County Clerk’s office.
- If this isn’t possible, print out the Wyoming Voter Registration form in front of a notary.
- Sign the voter registration oath on the form and have the notary or registered agent sign the form.
- Make copies of the identification documents you showed to the notary.
- Mail the voter registration form, along with the copies of your ID documents, to your County Clerk.
Local election office
Contact your local election office if you have questions about registering to vote in Wyoming.
Statewide election office
This is the statewide agency that is ultimately responsible for Wyoming elections. You can contact them with questions, but your local election office will probably respond faster.
Wyoming Secretary of State
Herschler Building East
122 W 25th St
Suites 100 and 101
Cheyenne, WY 82002-0020