Wyoming voter registration guide
Last updated: June 2, 2020
- You can register to vote in-person.
- You can register to vote by-mail in Wyoming.
- If you miss the voter registration deadline, you can register to vote and cast a ballot at the same time on Election Day.
- Military and overseas voters follow a different process.
Wyoming voter registration deadlines
- In-person: Election Day
- By-mail: Received 14 days before Election Day
- Online: N/A
Wyoming voter registration rules
To register in Wyoming you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be 18 years old by General Election Day
- be a resident of the State of Wyoming
- not be currently adjudicated mentally incompetent
- not have been convicted of a felony, or if convicted have had your voting rights restored
Note that you must re-register to vote if you did not vote in the last general
Register to vote in Wyoming
- Wyoming prefers that people register to vote in person at the County Clerk’s office.
- If this isn’t possible, print out the Wyoming Voter Registration form in front of a notary.
- Sign the voter registration oath on the form and have the notary or registered agent sign the form.
- Make copies of the identification documents you showed to the notary.
- Mail the voter registration form, along with the copies of your ID documents, to your County Clerk.
Register to vote on Election Day in Wyoming
Double-check your Wyoming voter registration status
If you can't remember if you're registered to vote, or you want to make sure your information is correct, you can check your Wyoming registration using the Wyoming voter registration lookup tool.
Need help registering to vote in Wyoming?
Your local election office is responsible for running elections in your area. You should contact your local election office if you have questions about registering to vote. Mail your voter registration form to your local election office for faster processing.
State election office
This is the state-wide agency that is ultimately responsible for Wyoming elections. You can mail your voter registration form to this address. For faster processing, mail your form to your local election office.
Wyoming Secretary of State
Herschler Building East
122 W 25th St
Suites 100 and 101
Cheyenne, WY 82002-0020