Oregon voter registration guide
Last updated: June 2, 2020
- You can register to vote in-person.
- You can register to vote online in Oregon.
- You can register to vote by-mail in Oregon.
- Military and overseas voters follow a different process.
Oregon voter registration deadlines
- In-person: 21 days before Election Day
- By-mail: Received 21 days before Election Day
- Online: 21 days before Election Day
Oregon voter registration rules
To register in Oregon you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a resident of Oregon
- at least 16 years old (to vote, you must be 18 by Election Day)
Register to vote online in Oregon
You will need an Oregon ID to use Oregon's online voter registration system. If you do not have one, you can still register to vote by mail using a paper form.
Register to vote by-mail in Oregon
- Review the “Voter registration rules” section above and check that you're eligible.
- Download and fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Box 6 - ID Number: Please provide your Oregon driver’s license number. If you do not have one, please provide the last four digits of your social security number. If you do not have either of these numbers, write NONE on the form.
- Box 7 - Choice of Party: You must register with a party if you want to take part in that party’s primary election.
- Box 8 - Race or Ethnic Group: Leave blank.
- Print, date, and sign the form. If you do not have a printer, you can print the form out at any local library. If you do not have a stamp, you can buy one from any grocery store: just ask the cashier to sell you one.
- Mail your voter registration form to the mailing address below. For faster delivery, send the form directly to your local election office.
- Your voter registration form must be received 21 days before Election Day
Double-check your Oregon voter registration status
If you can't remember if you're registered to vote, or you want to make sure your information is correct, you can check your Oregon registration using the Oregon voter registration lookup tool.
Need help registering to vote in Oregon?
Your local election office is responsible for running elections in your area. You should contact your local election office if you have questions about registering to vote. Mail your voter registration form to your local election office for faster processing.
State election office
This is the state-wide agency that is ultimately responsible for Oregon elections. You can mail your voter registration form to this address. For faster processing, mail your form to your local election office.
Secretary of State
141 State Capitol
Salem, OR 97310‐0722