New Hampshire voter registration guide
Last updated: May 20, 2020
- You can register to vote in-person.
- If you miss the voter registration deadline, you can register to vote and cast a ballot at the same time on Election Day.
- Military and overseas voters follow a different process.
New Hampshire voter registration deadlines
- In-person: Election Day
- By-mail: Received 14 days before Election Day
- Online: N/A
New Hampshire voter registration rules
To register in New Hampshire you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be 18 years of age or older on Election Day
- Register to vote only in the town or ward in which you actually live
- Not have been convicted of a felony, unless you are past your final discharge
- Not have been ever convicted of bribery or intimidation relating to elections
Register to vote in New Hampshire
- New Hampshire strongly prefers that you register to vote in person.
- If you cannot register to vote in person, call your town or city clerk and ask them to mail you a New Hampshire Voter Registration Form. This form is not available online.
- Once you get the New Hampshire voter registration form, fill it out completely and send it back to the address on the form.
- If you have any questions, please contact your town or city clerk.
Register to vote on Election Day in New Hampshire
Double-check your New Hampshire voter registration status
If you can't remember if you're registered to vote, or you want to make sure your information is correct, you can check your New Hampshire registration using the New Hampshire voter registration lookup tool.
Need help registering to vote in New Hampshire?
Your local election office is responsible for running elections in your area. You should contact your local election office if you have questions about registering to vote. Mail your voter registration form to your local election office for faster processing.
State election office
This is the state-wide agency that is ultimately responsible for New Hampshire elections. You can mail your voter registration form to this address. For faster processing, mail your form to your local election office.
New Hampshire Secretary of State’s Office
State House, Room 204
107 North Main Street
Concord, NH 03301