Nevada voter registration guide
Last updated: July 10, 2020
Check your Nevada voter registration status
If you can't remember if you're registered to vote, or you want to make sure your information is correct, you can check your Nevada registration using the Nevada voter registration lookup tool.
If you're not registered to vote, or you need to update your voter registration information, follow the instructions below.
Nevada voter registration deadlines
- Online deadline: 5 days before Election Day
- By-mail deadline: Postmarked 28 days before Election Day
- In-person deadline: 28 days before Election Day
Nevada voter registration rules
To register in Nevada you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- have attained the age of 18 years on the date of the next election
- have continuously resided in the State of Nevada, in your county, at least 30 days and in your precinct at least 10 days before the next election
- have your civil rights restored if you were convicted of a felony
- not be determined by a court of law to be mentally incompetent
- claim no other place as your legal residence
Register to vote online in Nevada
You can register to vote online if you have a Nevada driver's license or state ID card. If not, you can still register to vote by mail or in person.
Register to vote by mail in Nevada
- Review the “Voter registration rules” section above and check that you're eligible.
- Download and fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Box 6 - ID Number: Enter your Nevada driver’s license number or Nevada ID card number. If you do have either of these numbers, enter the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number. If you do have any of these numbers, write NONE in this space.
- Box 7 - Choice of Party: You must register with a political party if you want to take part in that party’s primary election, caucus, or convention. If you register with as a nonpartisan, you will receive a nonpartisan ballot for the primary election.
- Box 8 - Race or Ethnic Group: Leave blank.
- Print, date, and sign the form. If you do not have a printer, you can print the form out at any local library. If you do not have a stamp, you can buy one from any grocery store: just ask the cashier to sell you one.
- Mail your voter registration form to the mailing address below. For faster delivery, send the form directly to your local election office.
- Your voter registration form must be postmarked 28 days before Election Day
Register to vote in person in Nevada
- Contact your local election office to find exactly where to go register to vote in person.
- Bring your Nevada driver's license or state ID card with you. If you don't have one, bring ONE photo ID that shows your name, and ONE document that shows your name and Nevada address. Acceptable documents include a utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, residential lease, or any government document that shows your name and address.
Local election office
Contact your local election office if you have questions about registering to vote in Nevada.
Statewide election office
This is the statewide agency that is ultimately responsible for Nevada elections. You can contact them with questions, but your local election office will probably respond faster.
Secretary of State Elections Division
101 North Carson Street, Suite 3
Carson City, NV 89701‐4786