Missouri voter registration guide
Last updated: July 10, 2020
- You can register to vote in-person in Missouri.
- You can register to vote online in Missouri.
- You can register to vote by-mail in Missouri.
Missouri voter registration deadlines
- In-person: 27 days before Election Day
- By-mail: Postmarked 27 days before Election Day
- Online: 27 days before Election Day
Missouri voter registration rules
To vote in Missouri you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a resident of Missouri
- be at least 17.5 years of age (you must be 18 to vote)
- not be on probation or parole after conviction of a felony, until finally discharged from such probation or parole
- not be convicted of a felony or misdemeanor connected with the right of suffrage
- not be adjudged incapacitated by any court of law
- not be confined under a sentence of imprisonment
Register to vote online in Missouri
You can only register online in Missouri using a tablet or cell phone. If you do not have a tablet or a cell phone, you can still register to vote by mail or in person.
Register to vote in Missouri
- Review the “Voter registration rules” section above and check that you're eligible.
- Download and fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Box 6 - ID Number: Enter your Missouri driver’s license number OR the last four digits of your social security number. If you don't have either number, write "NONE" here.
- Box 7 - Choice of Party: You do not have to register with a party if you want to take part in that party’s primary election, caucus, or convention.
- Box 8 - Race or Ethnic Group: Leave blank.
- Print, date, and sign the form. If you do not have a printer, you can print the form out at any local library. If you do not have a stamp, you can buy one from any grocery store: just ask the cashier to sell you one.
- Mail your voter registration form to the mailing address below. For faster delivery, send the form directly to your local election office.
- Your voter registration form must be postmarked 27 days before Election Day
Double-check your Missouri voter registration status
If you can't remember if you're registered to vote, or you want to make sure your information is correct, you can check your Missouri registration using the Missouri voter registration lookup tool.
Need help registering to vote in Missouri?
Your local election office is responsible for running elections in your area. You should contact your local election office if you have questions about registering to vote. Mail your voter registration form to your local election office for faster processing.
State election office
This is the state-wide agency that is ultimately responsible for Missouri elections. You can mail your voter registration form to this address. For faster processing, mail your form to your local election office.
Secretary of State
P.O. Box 1767
Jefferson City, MO 65102‐1767