Idaho voter registration guide
Last updated: July 10, 2020
- You can register to vote in-person in Idaho.
- You can register to vote online in Idaho.
- You can register to vote by-mail in Idaho.
- If you miss the voter registration deadline, you can register to vote and cast a ballot at the same time on Election Day.
Idaho voter registration deadlines
- In-person: Election Day
- By-mail: Received 25 days before Election Day
- Online: 25 days before Election Day
Idaho voter registration rules
To register in Idaho you must:
- be at least 18 years old
- be a citizen of the United States
- have resided in Idaho and in the county for 30 days prior to the day of election
- not be serving a sentence of imprisonment for a felony. Your voting rights are restored once you have completed your sentence, probation, and parole.
Register to vote online in Idaho
You will need an Idaho ID to use Idaho's online voter registration system. If you do not have an Idaho ID, you can still register to vote by mail.
Register to vote in Idaho
- Review the “Voter registration rules” section above and check that you're eligible.
- Download and fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Box 6 - ID Number: Enter your Idaho driver license number. If you do not have a driver license, enter the last four digits of your social security number.
- Box 7 - Choice of Party: You do not have to register with a party if you want to take part in that party’s primary election, caucus, or convention.
- Box 8 - Race or Ethnic Group: Leave blank.
- Print, date, and sign the form. If you do not have a printer, you can print the form out at any local library. If you do not have a stamp, you can buy one from any grocery store: just ask the cashier to sell you one.
- Mail your voter registration form to the mailing address below. For faster delivery, send the form directly to your local election office.
- Your voter registration form must be received 25 days before Election Day
Register to vote on Election Day in Idaho
Double-check your Idaho voter registration status
If you can't remember if you're registered to vote, or you want to make sure your information is correct, you can check your Idaho registration using the Idaho voter registration lookup tool.
Need help registering to vote in Idaho?
Your local election office is responsible for running elections in your area. You should contact your local election office if you have questions about registering to vote. Mail your voter registration form to your local election office for faster processing.
State election office
This is the state-wide agency that is ultimately responsible for Idaho elections. You can mail your voter registration form to this address. For faster processing, mail your form to your local election office.
Secretary of State
P.O. Box 83720
State Capitol Bldg.
Boise, ID 83720‐0080