Georgia voter registration guide
Last updated: July 10, 2020
- You can register to vote in-person in Georgia.
- You can register to vote online in Georgia.
- You can register to vote by-mail in Georgia.
Georgia voter registration deadlines
- In-person: 29 days before Election Day
- By-mail: Postmarked 29 days before Election Day
- Online: 29 days before Election Day
Georgia voter registration rules
To register in Georgia you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a legal resident of Georgia and of the county in which you want to vote
- be 18 years old within six months after the day of registration, and be 18 years old to vote
- not be serving a sentence for having been convicted of a felony involving moral turpitude
- not have been judicially determined to be mentally incompetent, unless the disability has been removed
Register to vote online in Georgia
You will need a valid GA driver’s license or GA identification card in order to use Georgia’s online voter registration system. If you do not have this, you can still register to vote by mail.
Register to vote in Georgia
- Review the “Voter registration rules” section above and check that you're eligible.
- Download and fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Box 6 - ID Number: You must provide your full GA Drivers License number or GA State issued ID number. If you do not have a GA Drivers License or GA ID you must provide the last 4 digits of your Social Security number.
- Box 7 - Choice of Party: You do not have to register with a party to take part in that party’s primary, caucus or convention.
- Box 8 - Race or Ethnic Group: This information is requested but not required.
- Print, date, and sign the form. If you do not have a printer, you can print the form out at any local library. If you do not have a stamp, you can buy one from any grocery store: just ask the cashier to sell you one.
- Mail your voter registration form to the mailing address below. For faster delivery, send the form directly to your local election office.
- Your voter registration form must be postmarked 29 days before Election Day
Double-check your Georgia voter registration status
If you can't remember if you're registered to vote, or you want to make sure your information is correct, you can check your Georgia registration using the Georgia voter registration lookup tool.
Need help registering to vote in Georgia?
Your local election office is responsible for running elections in your area. You should contact your local election office if you have questions about registering to vote. Mail your voter registration form to your local election office for faster processing.
State election office
This is the state-wide agency that is ultimately responsible for Georgia elections. You can mail your voter registration form to this address. For faster processing, mail your form to your local election office.
Office of the Secretary of State
2 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive
Suite 802 Floyd West Tower
Atlanta, GA 30334