Arkansas voter registration guide
Last updated: June 2, 2020
- You can register to vote in-person.
- Military and overseas voters follow a different process.
Arkansas voter registration deadlines
- In-person: 30 days before Election Day
- By-mail: Postmarked 30 days before Election Day
- Online: N/A
Arkansas voter registration rules
To register in Arkansas you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- live in Arkansas at the address in Box 2 on the application
- be at least 18 years old before the next election
- not be a convicted felon (or have completely discharged your sentence or been pardoned)
- not claim the right to vote in any other jurisdiction
- not previously be adjudged mentally incompetent by a court of competent jurisdiction
Register to vote by-mail in Arkansas
- Review the “Voter registration rules” section above and check that you're eligible.
- Download and fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Box 6 - ID Number: Provide your Arkansas driver’s license number or non-operating identification number. If you do not have either of these numbers, provide the last 4 digits of your social security number. If you do not have any of these numbers, write “NONE” in this space.
- Box 7 - Choice of Party: Arkansas has open primaries: you do not need to register with a politcal party in order to take part in that party's primary election, caucus, or convention.
- Box 8 - Race or Ethnic Group: Leave blank.
- Print, date, and sign the form. If you do not have a printer, you can print the form out at any local library. If you do not have a stamp, you can buy one from any grocery store: just ask the cashier to sell you one.
- Mail your voter registration form to the mailing address below. For faster delivery, send the form directly to your local election office.
- Your voter registration form must be postmarked 30 days before Election Day
Double-check your Arkansas voter registration status
If you can't remember if you're registered to vote, or you want to make sure your information is correct, you can check your Arkansas registration using the Arkansas voter registration lookup tool.
Need help registering to vote in Arkansas?
Your local election office is responsible for running elections in your area. You should contact your local election office if you have questions about registering to vote. Mail your voter registration form to your local election office for faster processing.
State election office
This is the state-wide agency that is ultimately responsible for Arkansas elections. You can mail your voter registration form to this address. For faster processing, mail your form to your local election office.
Secretary of State
P.O. Box 8111
Little Rock, AR 72203‐8111