Arkansas voter registration guide
Last updated: July 10, 2020
Check your Arkansas voter registration status
If you can't remember if you're registered to vote, or you want to make sure your information is correct, you can check your Arkansas registration using the Arkansas voter registration lookup tool.
If you're not registered to vote, or you need to update your voter registration information, follow the instructions below.
Arkansas voter registration deadlines
- Online deadline: N/A
- By-mail deadline: Postmarked 30 days before Election Day
- In-person deadline: 30 days before Election Day
Arkansas voter registration rules
To register in Arkansas you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- live in Arkansas at the address in Box 2 on the application
- be at least 18 years old before the next election
- not be a convicted felon (or have completely discharged your sentence or been pardoned)
- not claim the right to vote in any other jurisdiction
- not previously be adjudged mentally incompetent by a court of competent jurisdiction
Register to vote by mail in Arkansas
- Review the “Voter registration rules” section above and check that you're eligible.
- Download and fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Box 6 - ID Number: Provide your Arkansas driver’s license number or non-operating identification number. If you do not have either of these numbers, provide the last 4 digits of your social security number. If you do not have any of these numbers, write “NONE” in this space.
- Box 7 - Choice of Party: Arkansas has open primaries: you do not need to register with a politcal party in order to take part in that party's primary election, caucus, or convention.
- Box 8 - Race or Ethnic Group: Leave blank.
- Print, date, and sign the form. If you do not have a printer, you can print the form out at any local library. If you do not have a stamp, you can buy one from any grocery store: just ask the cashier to sell you one.
- Mail your voter registration form to the mailing address below. For faster delivery, send the form directly to your local election office.
- Your voter registration form must be postmarked 30 days before Election Day
Register to vote in person in Arkansas
- Contact your local election office to find exactly where to go register to vote in person.
- Bring your Arkansas driver's license or state ID card with you. If you don't have one, bring ONE photo ID that shows your name, and ONE document that shows your name and Arkansas address. Acceptable documents include a utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, residential lease, or any government document that shows your name and address.
Local election office
Contact your local election office if you have questions about registering to vote in Arkansas.
Statewide election office
This is the statewide agency that is ultimately responsible for Arkansas elections. You can contact them with questions, but your local election office will probably respond faster.
Secretary of State
P.O. Box 8111
Little Rock, AR 72203‐8111