Colorado absentee ballot guide
Last updated: June 25, 2020
- In Colorado, you can apply for an absentee ballot by-mail or in-person.
Absentee ballot deadlines
- In-person: 4 days before Election Day
- By-mail: Received 8 days before Election Day
- Voted absentee ballots are due: Received by Election Day
Who can vote by absentee ballot in Colorado
All Colorado elections are vote-by-mail. You can still apply for a one-time absentee ballot if you will be away from home during a specific election.
Apply by-mail or in-person
- Download and fill out the Colorado absentee ballot application.
- Sign and date your form.
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form directly to your local election office. You should submit your form as soon as possible, but no later than the deadline.
- The deadline to apply for an absentee ballot by-mail is: Received 8 days before Election Day.
- The deadline to apply for an absentee ballot in-person is: 4 days before Election Day.
Your absentee ballot should arrive within a week of your application. If it doesn’t arrive, call your local election office and follow up.
Once your ballot arrives
- Once you receive your absentee ballot, carefully read and follow the instructions.
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed absentee ballot to your local elections office. Your ballot must be received by the deadline or it will not be counted.
- Your voted absentee ballot must be received by Election Day.
Confused? Need help?
Contact your local elections office if you have any questions about absentee ballots in Colorado.